Geneva Motor Show 2009
• Prius, ultimate power, total reliability and optimal economy
• World premiere of the new Verso, the no-compromise choice for compact MPV customers
• Toyota Optimal Drive, balancing performance and driving enjoyment with fuel economy and low emissions
• Next Generation Hybrid Synergy Drive®, better fuel efficiency, cleaner emissions, lower CO2 content
• FCHV and FT-EV, ultimate Eco-vehicles from Toyota
• New 1.33 litre version of the iQ, the world’s smallest 4-seater
The 79th Geneva Motor Show will host two key Toyota premieres: the new Prius and the new Verso. These two models represent the last wave of a 13 model launch programme, and include comprehensive powertrain revisions based on two technologies: Toyota Optimal Drive, which focuses on optimising petrol and diesel engine efficiency, and Hybrid Synergy Drive®.
The new Prius
World premiere of the new Verso
Toyota Optimal Drive
Next Generation Hybrid Synergy Drive®
Hybrid Synergy Drive® is a core Toyota technology contributing to increased fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions with a lower CO2 content. The advanced hybrid system combines conventional petrol engine technology with electric motors, letting drivers seamlessly choose between them. The electric motors can power the car on electricity alone on limited-speed short trips. The system includes a high energy self-charging battery lasting the lifetime of the vehicle. Lightweight, low-friction components help reduce energy loss and limit fuel consumption.